Wednesday, July 29, 2009

* I Want a Man

I don't want a man now, but when I do--this is what I want. I wrote this a few years ago; I think it would be interesting to add to it the new things that have become important to me over the last few years. Anywho--here it is:

I Want a Man

I Want a Man I Like
I want a man that I enjoy being around.
Who makes me feel free to be me, to be silly, to be serious, to be grumpy, to be happy.
Who laughs and makes me laugh.
Who opens up his heart, and makes me open up mine.
Who likes to go out and play—to the beach, movies, performances, socials, walks, or sports.
Who likes to stay in, watch a movie, talk, cook, or do nothing.
Who enjoys romance, plans for it, and finds it in the most unsuspected places.
Who enjoys simply being together, even doing nothing together.
I want a man that I can have good conversations with.
Who shares his hopes and dreams with me, his opinions, and his fears.
Who listens to my hopes, dreams, opinions, and fears.
Who I can be silent with and have absolutely nothing to say, and in the silence, be okay.

I Want a Man With a Mind
Who enjoys, and never stops learning.
Who is educated and learned.
Who is open to new things.
Who is well read, and enjoys reading.
Who can efficiently convey his thoughts, verbally and in writing.
Who chooses his words wisely, and speaks the truth in everything.
Who knows what he thinks, and stands firm in what he believes.


I Want a Man I Admire, Trust, and Respect:
As a leader, as a protector, as a provider, as a spiritual leader—as a man.
I want a man that I admire as a leader.
Who is respected in society—in the church, in the town, in the workplace as a godly man.
Who is a leader in among his peers.
Who will be the strong leader of our family.
Who is always encouraging and spurring others on the greatness.
Who is not afraid to speak.
Who takes initiative.
Who knows what he is passionate about, and acts.
I want a man I trust unflinchingly as a protector.
Who will stand in the way of danger, rather than run.
Who will not put himself in unnecessary, foolish danger.
Who I know will do everything in his power to keep me safe.
Who will hold my heart, and guard it with his life.
I want a man that I trust wholeheartedly as a provider.
Who is a hard worker.
Who is productive with his time.
Who will work with a joyful heart in providing financially for our family.
Who uses his earnings wisely.
Who makes the most of God’s blessings.
I want a man that I respect above all others as a spiritual leader.
Who will be a spiritual pillar for our family.
Who will train our children in the ways of the Lord.
Who will allow and encourage me to get as close to God as I possibly can.
Who will always be beside, or even a few steps ahead of me in our journey of spiritual growth.
Who will be wise enough in the Faith to answer my questions, and humble enough to admit when he does not know.
Who will always be seeking our heavenly Father more; reading, studying, praying, listening.
Who is a praying man.


I Want a Man That I Love
I want a man that I so love that I adore every part of his being, and understand his faults.
Who’s feet I think are cute and who’s hands I love to hold.
Who’s arms are just the right size to hold me—the world could end, but I’d be safe in them.
Who’s personality I love, and who’s mind I admire.
Who’s quirks I learn to giggle at, and who’s strengths I am in awe.
Who I want to follow, and want to submit to.
Who’s faith is unshakable, and love for God, unsurpassed.
Who I trust completely, and respect more than any other.
Who I want to travel with, side by side, through this journey of life, fulfilling together God’s grand purposes for our lives.


I Want a Man That Loves Me
Who knows my faults, and helps me conquer them.
Who knows my quirks, and thinks they’re cute.
Who adores every part of me, whether fat, skinny, dumb, or intelligent.
Who knows my heart and soul intimately, and treasures them.
I want a man that makes me feel so loved and so cherished that I get a glimpse of God’s unfailing, unending, unconditional love for me.
I want a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment